Effective date: 14 February 2018
Punter Southall Group (we, us or our) knows that you care how your information is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Who we are
We are Punter Southall Group and we are the Controller. Our business contact details are:
Registered office: 11 Strand, London WC2N 5HR
Telephone: 020 3327 5000
The contact detail of our Data Protection Officer is:
Name: Richard Garmon-Jones
Address: 11 Strand, London WC2N 5HR
Telephone: 020 3327 5182
Personal data we collect
The specific types of personal information we may collect and use about you will depend upon your use of our website facilities, services or products, how you use them and the information you choose to provide.
The types of information we collect directly from you are:
- Name, email address and telephone number
The types of information we collect from you automatically are:
- IP address, MAC address, browser types, browser language, operating system, general location data- the country from which you accessed our website, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs), referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the terms you use in searches on our sites, the date and time you used the website, any form submitted , error logs, and other similar information;
We may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar technologies to assist in collecting this information, as is discussed below.
Why we collect and use your personal data
We use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you and the specific facilities, services or products you use. In particular, we collect your information for the following purposes:
- To contact you in response to your enquiry about the products and services we offer;
- To respond to you if you report a problem with our website;
- To enhance and improve your experience on our website, ensure the security of our facilities and develop the service and products we offer;
The legal bases for using your information are as follows:
- Where you make an enquiry, ask a question or request information on service or product, or report a problem we will require your consent before we use your information;
Who we share your personal data with
|Organisation / Entity||Information shared||Reason for sharing|
|Google Analytics||IP address, browser types, operating system, general country location from where you accessed our website, see above for more information.||To enhance and improve your experience on our website, ensure the security of our website facilities|
How long we will keep your personal data
Cookies and similar technologies
When we collect information automatically, as stated above, we use Internet server logs, cookies, tags, SDKs, tracking pixels and other similar tracking technologies. We use these technologies in order to offer you a more tailored experience in the future, by understanding and remembering your particular browsing preferences.
For more information on the cookies we use, the purposes for which we use them and how you can control them please refer to our Cookies Policy.
Applications for employment
How to access and control your personal data - Your rights
You have certain rights with respect to your information which are summarised below. Some of the rights are complex therefore, not all details are included in the summary:
- Right of access: you can ask for copies of all the information that we process about you;
- Right to rectification: you can ask to have inaccurate information held about you corrected;
- Right to erasure: you can ask for the information held about you to be erased (subject to certain criteria);
- Right to restriction of processing: you can ask us to stop processing your information (under certain circumstances);
- Right to data portability: you can, under certain circumstances, request that we transmit your personal information to another provider of services;
- Right to object: you can object to your information being processed if our legal basis for processing your information is based on a “legitimate interests”. To check whether we use your information for “legitimate interests” see the section “Why we collect and use your personal data" above. You also have the right to object to object to direct marketing if you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal information for this purpose.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights mentioned above, you can do so by writing or emailing our Data Protection Officer at the address detailed above.
Your right to withdraw consent
Where you have provided consent for us to process your information you can withdraw your consent at any time. Please note: Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to you withdrawing your consent.
You can withdraw your consent in the following ways:
- In writing, to our Data Protection Officer.
Your right to make a complaint
If you have a compliant about the way we process your personal data or think that we have not complied with your rights, you can make a complaint to:
The Information Commissioners Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745
Fax: 01625 524510